Sunday, August 27, 2017

Thinking of Texas



Yes, I've been away...and for good reason. I went to see the moon hide the sun during the total eclipse last week...but this post isn't about that.
I'm preoccupied with rain and my family and friends in Houston, and along the Texas Gulf Coast.
I grew up in that area, and will always be a Texan at heart even though I haven't lived there since 2003.
Seeing the news reports of flooded streets and floating islands of fire ants makes me sick to my stomach.
My family and friends are safe and dry for now, but more rain is coming....

If you are the type to say a few words, I know many people would appreciate them. 
Send a few dollars to the Red Cross too if you are inclined to do so. They're good folks, and I can say that first hand from being a flood victim in the past myself.


The photo above was made during a trip to Port Aransas two years ago. I've been going there since I was a kid.  Port A has suffered great losses...it breaks my heart to see it in such a scattered all over the place kind of way on the news.

In a day or so I'll share some eclipse shots...but for now I'm just going to wait it out long distance with my family.





No comments:

Post a Comment