Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Abraham Lincoln


I've been remiss about writing much about my photos here, but I'm going to expound a bit on this one, and why the odd title.

In this part of the world, the cell towers are vaguely disguised as trees. It's a good ruse, I mean it's better to look at this, than a scraggly tower of wires.

But when I see these, and I must admit I have a slight fascination with them, I tend to wonder what Abraham Lincoln would think or say if he somehow time traveled forward and came upon one. Not to mention all the other modernities of the current world.

Anyway, it's a good idea to disguise what would otherwise be a landscape eyesore.

The only thing I wish is that somehow the "trees" would change color as the seasons dictate...or perhaps have some big bark beetles appear at times....No?

That's a bit dramatic I admit, but I think the future holds a place for cell-towers to really come forth as artistic nature pieces.

Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim, Tri-x

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I've never noticed a cell tower posing as a tree, and I was completely unaware of their existence. A quick Google search reveals that they are everywhere. I've never thought the undisguised towers were any more objectionable than other similar structures like utility poles, for instance. They seem functionally less intrusive than oil derricks and pumps.

    ReplyDelete